Dante delivers something every audio professional needs: a no hassle, self configuring, true plug‐and‐play digital audio network that uses standard Internet Protocols over both 100Mbps and 1 Gigabit Ethernet. Patent pending Dante technology distributes digital audio plus integrated control data with imperceptible latency, sample accurate playback synchronization, extreme reliability and high channel counts.
Easy to Setup and Use
Our innovative configuration protocol makes networking a true plug and play process with automatic device discovery and system configuration. Dante enabled devices will automatically configure their network interfaces and find one another.
Sample Accurate Timing with Inaudibly Low Latency
Dante uses audio independent, high accuracy network synchronization standards to ensure all Dante devices are synchronized at all times. Sample‐accurate playback with extremely low latency and jitter is achieved without limiting your audio sample rates and network layout options.
True Ethernet and IP Network Compatibility
Dante runs on inexpensive off the shelf computer networking hardware, and does not require dedicated network infrastructure. Ethernet switches transmit Dante digital media streams along-side ordinary data traffic, so you can integrate professional media operations into properly designed pre-existing networks.
Dante is a high performance digital audio networking solution that offers many benefits to users and manufactures of equipment for Live Sound, Install, Recording or other Pro Audio markets.
Benefits of Using Dante
- Plug-and-play technology – automatic discovery and simple signal routing
- Reduced Cost & Complexity- No special skills required to set up audio networking
- Sample accurate playback synchronization
- Lowest latency available from any networking technology
- Add/remove/rearrange components at will
- Deterministic latency throughout the network
- Support mixed bit depths and mixed sample rates over one network
- Scalable, flexible network topology supporting a large number of senders and receivers
- Supports mix of 100 Mbps, 1Gbps, through 10Gbps networks
- Supports a single integrated network for audio, video, control, monitoring
- Uses inexpensive, off-the-shelf computer networking equipment
- Direct connection to PCs for multi-channel recording, processing and playback using a Dante Virtual Soundcard for both PCs and Macs
- AVB Ready