Job title: Technical Solutions Specialist (US - West Coast)
Location: US West Coast or Mountain time zone (home office)
Department: Technical Sales
Reports to: Vice President of Sales
Job opening posted: October 1, 2017
To apply: Complete short application and upload your resume (No phone calls, please)
Audinate Group Limited (ASX:AD8) is a publicly traded company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange with subsidiaries in the US, UK, and Hong Kong. Audinate is the leading provider of professional digital audio networking technologies globally for the professional Audio/Visual (AV) industry. Audinate’s Dante® technology provides a complete audio over IP (AoIP) networking solution replacing legacy analog copper with Ethernet networks. Dante solves the problem of sending high quality media content in real time with perfect synchronization and no perceptible latency over multi-use IP networks. Using Dante-enabled products assures interoperability between audio devices and allows end users to enjoy high quality, flexible audio solutions typically with a lower total cost of ownership compared to analog installations. Audinate has grown its customer base to over 370 original equipment manufacturer (OEM) brands, including many of the world’s leading professional AV equipment brands.
Upon arriving at Audinate, the Technical Solutions Specialist will be expected to quickly become an expert in Audinate’s Dante networking technology and reflect this expertise & knowledge by supporting Audinate's objective to help OEM clients, A/V consultants, designers and installation contractors to understand the value proposition Audinate brings. This role is essential for Audinate to capitalize on its unique technology to reinforce its position of market leadership. Audinate's is the fastest growing media networking solution in the market.
The key roles and responsibilities of the Technical Solutions Specialist are:
- Support Audinate’s OEMs sales channel partners, multi-line manufacturer’s representatives and dealers, and end-users to organize, promote, and perform training events.
- Work with OEM sales and distribution teams to educate them on Audinate and the benefits that Dante networking brings.
- Assist the sales team as required in working with AV consultants, contractors, touring sound companies, and licensees' manufacturers' representatives.
- Develop and maintain in-depth expertise on Audinate's technology, products and their applications and use it to establish technical credibility with Audio/Visual design consultants, system integrators, and installation contractors who specify networked systems.
- Support Dante Domain Manager (DDM) sales team by providing pre-sales technical support. Meet with key consultants and system integrator/resellers to answer any system and network design questions pertaining to Dante. Assist with on-boarding of DDM resellers by providing DDM Certification training either in-person or via webinar.
- Understand the needs of AV projects to propose effective technical solutions involving Dante.
- Present training courses, webinars and face to face presentations to targeted audiences. Represent the product to customers and end-users at events such as conferences, trade shows, and seminars.
- Attend national and regional industry tradeshows. Assist with booth setup and tear down.
- 7+ years of experience in a technical environment
- Experience in professional audio industry
- Knowledge of professional audio system design and troubleshooting, including live sound, recording/production, commercial audio, and broadcast
- Strong familiarity with digital audio protocols including AES3, MADI, and various AoIP implementations.
- Must have achieved Dante Levels 1 and 2 certifications, and have demonstrated experience with Dante Controller, Dante Virtual Soundcard, and Dante Via.
- Solid understanding of Ethernet and IP networking and its use in the A/V industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows (7 – 10) and Mac OSX. General knowledge of Linux.
- Based in home office with travel to customer sites, trade show locations, and trips to main office. Travel is expected to average between 35 – 50%.
- Candidate must possess 5-7 years of experience in technical sales/support.
- Candidate must possess or be able to grasp technical concepts especially in networking.
- Candidate must possess a deep knowledge of Audio/Video related technology.
- The ability to communicate with and present to both IT and audio professionals.
- Possesses excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Possesses strong creative problem solving, analytical, and interpersonal skills; and able to creatively discuss technology and associated business needs.
- Possesses strong willingness to work collaboratively and communicate cross functionally with both technical and non-technical individuals internally as well directly with customers on issues and solutions.
- The candidate should be bright, engaging, articulate, self-motivated, self-disciplined and possess the willingness to succeed.
- Willingness and ability to travel 35 – 50%.
- West Coast or Mountain time zone based
Complete short application and upload your resume
(No phone calls, please)