Job title: Vice President of Product Management
Location: Portland, Oregon or Sydney, Australia
Reports to: Sr. VP, Marketing and Product Management
Job opening posted: October 27, 2017
To apply: Complete short application and upload your resume (No phone calls, please)
Audinate Group Limited (ASX:AD8) is a publicly traded company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange with subsidiaries in the US, UK, and Hong Kong. Audinate is the leading provider of professional digital audio networking technologies globally for the professional Audio/Visual (AV) industry. Audinate’s Dante® technology provides a complete audio over IP (AoIP) networking solution replacing legacy analogue copper with Ethernet networks. Dante solves the problem of sending high quality media content in real time with perfect synchronization and no perceptible latency over multi-use IP networks. Using Dante-enabled products assures interoperability between audio devices and allows end users to enjoy high quality, flexible audio solutions typically with a lower total cost of ownership compared to analogue installations. Audinate has grown its customer base to over 370 original equipment manufacturer (OEM) brands, including many of the world’s leading professional AV equipment brands.
Audinate is seeking an experienced Vice President of Product Management based in our Portland office to help drive the next phase of growth for the business. The position of Vice President of Product Management shall report to the Sr. VP, Marketing and Product Management and will be responsible for the overall product portfolio and product management of the Company.
In particular, the new Vice President, Product Management is responsible for:
- Driving all aspects of Digital Media Networking Product Platform management and playing a key role in leading and accelerating Audinate's growth strategy.
- Working collaboratively with the executive team to evaluate potential new markets, and driving the creation of innovative new product offerings.
- Playing a key role in setting overall business strategy and partnering with the rest of the leadership team to create and execute against a multi-year offering roadmap, as well as helping define the long-term strategy and roadmap for Audinate and its products and services.
- Continuously creating and managing the product development environment and working in cross-functional department partnerships to create a rigorous focus on process, business and product innovation.
- Developing new product initiative business cases through research and close communication with customers and industry experts with special focus on networking solutions development for the commercial installation market.
- Establishing a productive, hands-on, roll-up-their-sleeves direct contributor approach to performing all aspects of Digital Media Networking Product Platform product management tasks—managing the product line from conception through end-of-life.
- Developing and managing product rollout plans (including competitive positioning and differentiating value propositions), ensuring delivery of critical features to the market, and supporting key sales initiatives.
- This individual must possess 10+ years technical aptitude and experience as a successful, customer-centric software product manager responsible for producing significant sustainable growth. This includes a proven track record of taking multiple networking communications products, systems or solutions products from inception to global launch.
- Candidate must be a hands-on, highly organized, process-oriented individual experienced in developing and implementing a complete product management process that addresses PRD development and review, gate reviews, and utilizes methods to ensure adherence to a defined product roadmap and schedule.
- Candidate must have a strong engineering/technology foundation: understanding real-time standard multi-use TCP/IP computer networking.
- Extensive experience in the professional audio and/or AV industry is a requirement.
- Knowledge of the digital video industry is a strong plus, including video over IP, familiarity with video compression technologies, and/or experience with video microprocessors.
- Familiar with data networking, this individual is knowledgeable in OSI Layer 1, Layer 2 and Layer 3.
- System level intuition and experience associated with breaking down capability, features, functionality, and applications into software and hardware is a plus.
- Able to diligently gather and integrate competitive intelligence, develop business cases, manage and prioritize feature roadmaps to meet key market objectives, and translate product features and capabilities into marketable value propositions.
- Possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills, the candidate is able to capture and document clear and concise detailed product requirements, as well as work with sales to launch effective marketing programs that help drive increases in market share.
- 5+ years of direct people management experience, preferably managing product managers, business analysts, project managers, etc.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, able to work efficiently and effectively under pressure in a deadline driven environment, this highly organized candidate must have demonstrated a consistent and proven ability to function exceptionally in all phases of a Product Management life cycle - from consultative needs investigation phase to new application introduction, maintenance, incremental upgrade and phase out.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong commercial acumen and an ability to think and act strategically in order to maximize opportunities for the business
- Experience actively participating in the organizational strategic planning process
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and problem-solving skills
- The capacity and willingness to perform hands-on tasks and lead by example
- Capable of managing the resolution of highly complex business problems, whilst applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Flexible working style, able to work at a variety of different levels both inside and outside the organization
- Team player with good inter-personal skills
- Able to utilize the latest technology to enhance the growth of an organisation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence, whilst exercising sensitivity to the audience
- Electrical Engineering / Computer Science Degree
- MBA or other business training desirable
Willing to relocate to work out of Portland, Oregon or Sydney, Australia office location.
Complete short application and upload your resume
(No phone calls, please)