Dante Via: What is a ‘destination’?
In Dante Via, a destination is any hardware device or software application that can receive audio from the computer / network system.
Destinations can be physically in the computer, connected to the computer, or connected to the Dante network.
Hardware destinations include:
- Internal (built-in) soundcards
- External (e.g. USB or Firewire) soundcards
- Computer monitors with built-in speakers
- USB headsets
- Dante audio devices (such as mixing consoles)
- Any Dante Via-installed computers on the Dante network
Software destinations include:
- Digital Audio Workstations (Cubase, Protools, GarageBand etc.)
- Video calling / conferencing apps
Devices and applications that can receive audio from the system and add audio to the system are both destinations and sources, so they appear in both lists.