Windows: iTunes is not appearing in the Dante Via UI / is not playing audio. Why is this?
iTunes may be in ‘Windows Audio Session’ playback mode. For compatibility with Dante Via, iTunes must be set to ‘Direct Sound’ playback mode.
To change the iTunes playback mode to Direct Sound:
- Open the iTunes Preferences.
- Click the Playback tab.
- Change the selection for ‘Play Audio Using’ to ‘Direct Sound’, and click OK.
- Close iTunes.
- Stop and close Dante Via.
- Open and start Dante Via.
- Open iTunes, and play some audio.
iTunes should now appear in your Sources list, and audio should flow correctly.