A perfect blend of performance, features and economy for mid-tier products such as multi-channel amplifiers, smaller DSP units, hardware interfaces and compact mixing consoles.
• 256 pin BGA (17mm x 17mm)
• 8in+8out or 16in+16out
• 1Gbps Ethernet interface
• 1.2VDC, 1.8VDC and 3.3VDC @ 1.5W max
Offering significant performance enhancements over the low channel-count Dante Ultimo solution, Dante Broadway delivers up to 16x16 channels of audio at up to 96kHz or 8x8 channels at 176.4 and 192kHz in an affordable, compact chip. Latency can be as low as 0.25ms on Gigabit Ethernet, and redundancy is supported in specific configurations for high-availability applications.
Dante Broadway blends the small form factor of our popular Ultimo products with the most popular features of the powerful Brooklyn II module, including latency as low as 0.25ms and support for Gigabit Ethernet.
All Dante interfaces provide a powerful combination of guaranteed interoperability and deep integration with manufacturer’s products. With a rich set of control interfaces (including SPI, UART and GPIO), plus support for Dante Device Protocol, packet bridging, AES67 and SMPTE ST2110-30, Dante Broadway can seamlessly connect an audio product with networked control into the growing ecosystem of Dante-enabled products.
Build Families of Products
With up to 16x16 channels, quarter-millisecond latency, Gigabit speeds and plenty of computing power, Dante Broadway is the foundation for Dante products in many industry segments.
Whether you are creating edge devices, DSPs, conferencing solutions or fully-fledged mixing platforms, Dante Broadway delivers while keeping BOM costs down.
Accurate, Dependable, Proven
For over 10 years, Audinate has been perfecting Dante – now the global de facto standard in audio networking – and all that expertise is embodied in Dante Broadway.
Guaranteed interoperability, bit-perfect transmission, glitch-free redundancy, sample-accurate synchronization, immunity to analog interference, software-based audio routing, and Audinate’s exhaustive testing all contribute to make Dante Broadway the key to revolutionizing your own product portfolio.
Dante Broadway shares many features with the Ultimo family - so you can minimize development effort by using common audio and control interfacing across Ultimo and Broadway-based products.
Features and Benefits
- Rich set of control interfaces: Choice of SPI, UART, and GPIO interfaces enable sophisticated products with networked control
- Easy to use: Incorporates award-winning Dante features such as automatic device discovery, plug-and-play networking, user- editable device names and channel labels, and more
- Firmware updatable: Software updates with new features and fixes can be loaded via the network
- Glitchless redundancy: Connect a secondary network for extreme reliability
- Dante Device Protocol: Enables routing, event and control management via the Host CPU interface
- Device monitoring: Signal presence, latency statistics and clock stability statistics exposed to Dante Controller for real-time device status monitoring
- Device Lock: Lock and unlock Broadway devices remotely using Dante Controller
- Multi-protocol transport: Supports Dante Audio over IP, AES67 RTP and SMPTE ST2110-30 RTP (enrolled devices)
- Multichannel amplifiers
- Audio interfaces
- Compact mixing consoles
- DSP units
- Conferencing systems
- 256 pin BGA (17 mm x 17 mm)
- 1.2VDC, 1.8VDC and 3.3VDC @ 1.5W max
- High quality, low jitter clock generation via external Silabs chip
- 2x UARTs: A and B, console on UART-A
- SPI Slave
- 8x GPIO pins for user controls
- Standard 1Gbps Ethernet
- RGMII / MII Ethernet interface with MDIO
- Hardware time-stamping, supporting sample-accurate playback Audio Flows In/Out: Up to 16x16 (unicast or multicast) Latency from 0.25ms
- Up 16x16 audio channels at up to 96 kHz, or 8x8 channels at 176.4 and 192 kHz
- TDM, I2S digital audio formats
- Audio transport formats: Dante Audio over IP, AES67 RTP, SMPTE ST2110-30 RTP
- 16, 24 or 32 bits per sample
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz sample rates
- Sample rate pull-up/down (+4.1667, +0.1, -0.1, and - 4.0 %)
- Provides LRCLK, SCLK, MCLK (256x FS)
Product Family Feature Comparison
|Channel Configurations*||2x2 or 4x4||8x8 or 16x16||8x8, 32x32 or 64x64|
|Maximum sample Rate||96 kHz||192 kHz||192 kHz|
|Minimum Latency||1 ms||0.25 ms||0.25 ms|
|Form Factor||144 pin MAPBGA (13mm x 13mm)||256 pin BGA (17 mm x 17 mm)||Card edge module (4.5cm x 6cm)|
|Control Interfaces||SPI Master & Slave or UART, GPIO||SPI Slave, UART, GPIO||SPI Master & Slave, GPIO, I2C, UART|
|Audio Interfaces||Two I2S Lines||Eight TDM or I2S lines||Eight TDM or I2S lines|
|Network Speed||100 Mbps||1 Gbps / 100 Mbps||1 Gbps / 100 Mbps|
|Integration Tools||DDP, Packet Bridge||DDP, Packet Bridge||DDP, Packet Bridge, embedded Dante API|